||COOTES PARADISE BIODIVERSITY FESTIVAL
Saturday, September 25, 2010
10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
RBG Nature Interpretive Centre
It’s fun, it’s for families and it’s free! Migrate out to the Nature Centre and explore the living world around you.
• Meet amazing wildlife close-up, with demonstrations and displays from Sciensational Sssnakes, Muskoka Wildlife Centre and Mountsberg Raptor Centre.
• Go on a hawkwatch hike, tag migrating monarchs, play biodiversity games and see how RBG biologists monitor and protect rare species.
• Make a seed rocket, build a birdhouse, or find out what plants will attract wildlife to your backyard.
• Celebrate the International Year of Biodiversity with a day in Canada’s biodiversity hotspot. BBQ tent and refreshments available onsite.
Admission: FREE (Arboretum parking fee of $3/vehicle applies; free for RBG members with 2010 trailhead parking pass)
Schedule of events (subject to change)
Download pdf of schedule and event map
• Bird Box Building
• Migration Station
• Build a Prairie
• Ontario’s Biodiversity Charter
• Children’s Activity Area
• Exhibits and Vendors
11 a.m. to 3 p.m.; west of Nature Centre
Lunch and refreshments available
• Bringing Birds to Your Backyard; 12:30 and 2 p.m.; Room 2
• Restoring Nature at RBG; 11:30 a.m., 1 and 2:30 p.m.; Room 2
• Bringing Back the Trumpeter Swan; 12:30 and 2 p.m.; Room 1
• Hummingbirds in Ontario; 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.; Room 1
• Local Species at Risk; 12:30 and 2 p.m.; Room 1
• Turtles at Risk; 11 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.; Room 2
Live Animal Demonstrations
• Monarch Magic; 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.; Amphitheatre
• Birds of Prey; 10:30 a.m.; Amphitheatre (meet them in the exhibit area for the rest of the day)
• Ontario’s Snakes; 12:30 p.m.; Amphitheatre (meet them in the exhibit area for the rest of the day)
• Ontario’s Wildlife; 2 p.m.; Amphitheatre (meet them in the exhibit area for the rest of the day)
• Bird Banding Demonstration; 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.; Nursery follow Captain Cootes Trail to the boathouse
•Biodiversity Walks; on the hour: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.; meet on the Nature Centre porch
•Biodiversity by Canoe; 10:30 a.m., noon and 1:30 p.m.; meet on the Nature Centre porch
•Bug Safari; 10 and 11:30 a.m., 1 and 2:30 p.m.; meet on the Nature Centre porch
ANNUAL EVENT CALENDAR
Click here to see our year-long event schedule.